This design if for an online shopping website. You can look at the current website we are upgrading to get a feel of the products and content it will be presenting at http://www.babyonline.co.nz. This website is very retro and the design and colors are way too strong overpowering all it's content. The new design
needs to be completely different.
Please look at http://www.ieproduce.com to see many of the new shopping features the new website will be using. it will be using the same shopping engine.
- We have a new logo design, thanks to Mickle here on 99designs! We now need a new website design that works well with this new logo. You can view it here: http://www.babyonline.co.nz/newlogo…online.JPG
- Try not to use typlical Pink & Blues please. Maybe for highlights only.
- Keep it clean and simple but with some extra level of sophistication and detail to really present the products and content well plus make it easy for people to intuitively use.
- We are looking for a modern design with soft tones and a good feel. The design at http://www.mint.com really inspires us. Not nessasaryly these colors. Something like this will definitely impress us.
- Design the width of the website for 1024 be viewed on resolutions but with a smart background design that bleeds out to the full width on larger resolutions. The above mint websites deals with this well, here's another couple of examples: http://cms.template-help.com/magento_21820 or http://pulsedirect.co.nz
- Find a good balance with the design that's too strong, so that the logo, content and products can easily stand out and not be over powered by the website design as you will see with the current design.
- As well as the master design template we need content design concepts for the the front page layout, the products listings and product zoom (more info) pages.
We are not experts so feel free to put forward any design ideas you professionly think is a good choice for this online busines. The website's main objective it to do a good job attracting customers and selling baby products online.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and work with me to help you do the best job.
Additional requirements include:
- Original file format used to build the logo.
- Provide the names of any fonts used.
- In the future the design will also be used on basic print.
The winner will be someone who can truly impress us and show some great talent. They will also be someone who would be enthusiastic to work with us on the rest of this project to help us to create an award winning website, which is already very successful even with its current retro design.
We look forward to your entries, all the best!