Hurli is a fun property search and appointment manager.
The site is about letting people find properties they are interested in (by searching through multiple sites) and then booking them into a calendar which they can easily view later on.
As the logo will show, this site is not your normal search website. We want to be fun, inviting and importantly simple. We do not believe in looking like the typical corporate outfit.
We have a small team of 4-5 people and the winner of this contest will be invited to join us for more work if they are interested.
We are targeting the 18-35 age bracket - essentially the rental market. People who are actively trying to find a place to rent is our market. They will generally be savvy people, looking for a way to save time and money.
We will require the following:
1) Front page design
2) Personal landing page (also the results page)
A style to suit the logo is required. The simplicity and fun aspect is key. Feel free to change the color scheme if you think another works, but please avoid corporate colors such as blue and darker ones such as black.
A bit more about the site concept if you like:
1) search for a rental property
2) comment on the ones you like with a partner or just leave your own notes
3) once you find the ones you like, organise to view the open houses by adding them to a personal calendar
How would you use this?
Say you have 5 appointments to view a property. On the day, you check your hurli page calendar, it would list all the appointments you have scheduled, you can view your comments/notes eg "ask the landlord about parking" then you know where to go, when to go, and what to ask when you get there.
In a nutshell, people will need to be able to understand who we are and search on the front page. Then, on the results page, comment, add to a calendar and manage appointments.
The more detailed version:
- Search box
- Logo (attached)
- Anything else you think will work :) Try to keep it simple.
Personal Landing Page (results page)
- Results from search (thumbnail, price, short description)
- Calendar/Appointment planner
- Search box to amend current results
- Favorites Box (Incorporate the box in the logo if you can)
- Comments on results
- View URLs from the results
http://www.Adioso.com - I like the way search is a function of questions and not standard terms
http://www.vacationrelation.com - I like the casualness and fun aspect to this site
TwitterIpad application - The way they allow you to browse a website
within the one page
Many travel sites have great planning calendars, perhaps you can get inspiration from them :)