For Great American Places
Desired Color Scheme:
Accepted File Formats:
Layered PSD or PNG
This is a request for an uncoded template for our client as well as a call to designers.
HGT Web Services is an SEO/SEM/Web Dev consultancy. Contributors who exhibit excellent work and prove reliable will be regularly called upon for current and future projects a good chance to make more money long-term.
US$300 Uncoded Web Site Template Project Two Tier Payout.
$150 Guranteed payout for best design.
$150 bonus to declared contest winner Totally payout to winner = $300
Please refer to payment info at the bottom of this spec for more info.
Winner may be asked to do additional work on this project for a fee.
Client Name: Resources
Slogan: For Great American Places
Industry: Site Furniture Outdoor, heavy-duty park benches and trash receptacles for public and private public spaces.
Market: Typically municipal and commercial projects as well as colleges & universities with outdoor public spaces.
Primarily Landscape Architects, Designers & Specifiers, Architects, Landscape Contractors, General Contractors, Developers, Engineers (landscape and civil). An educated market.
File Format: Layered PSD or PNG with fonts and images.
Home Page Contents
1. Company logo & tag line. The client has provided two image types. One is a simple logo (see photo entitled Logo found on images page). The other incorporates a graphic and is the more interesting of the two (see Logo II Grouping on images page). You may take liberties with the logo design if you feel that it improves the logo and/or the page.
2. Focus should be placed upon the product (and its description which is not currently defined) found on the cover of this brochure PDF: http://www.bostonbench.com/files/br…re_r13.pdf and on the images page (see image description title: B-76D in Black).
3. A section which provides a short description of the company.
4. We also wish to show products # 13, 4, and possibly #5 photos of which can be found on images page.
5. A reference list as found on this page h##p://www.americantitan.com/titan/references.html but condensed. Should have heading of References along with text that states similar to: Our family has been serving the site industry for nearly 50 years. Here is a short list of some of the valued customers we have served: This should be a vertical box or other ideas are welcome.
6. Latest Installation Box small photo and brief description of project with headline. Links to detail page.
7. 5-10 Latest Blog Entry Teasers (not the most important part of page however and therefore can be at or below the fold if necessary)
8. Login box and call to sign up Specifiers receive access to special files.
a. Primary Nav
1. Outdoor Park Benches
2. Trash Receptacles
4. Shelters & Kiosks
iv. Projects (photo gallery)
viii. Request Info
b. Secondary Nav (can be in footer or in less prominent location)
i. Site Map
The design can incorporate park-like themes and images and, while images are important we are looking to have at least 600 words on the page to help with rankings. We are looking for a sophisticated design which will appeal to architects and landscape designers. The patriotic theme (Our clients products are made in USA and very few in the industry are.) found in the brochures http://www.bostonbench.com/files/br…re_r13.pdf and http://www.bostonbench.com/files/br…stcard.pdf clearly presents some limitations.
We would like to see it toned down a bit as we view the clients tastes to be more designer oriented. So the trick will be to maintain the brand integrity while appealing to an educated market.
All links will be text and buttons will be CSS backgrounds with text so we can still do some nice looking buttons without losing our ability to properly market the site.
The images page can be found here:
We have provided images in three formats. The thumbnail is 100 pixels wide. There is a 640 wide jpg and a 1000 pixel wide layered PNG. If you require a larger file please feel free to contact me and we can provide you with full-width PSDs.
Here are some additional factors:
To be designed for a 1024 monitor width.
Coding is not required for this project unless you opt for flash or JS elements. If you decide to create those elements we would require the code for those but not for the rest of the page. We do not want a heavy flash or JS site to avoid difficulties with search.
Splash pages are not acceptable. We need humans and Search Engines to view the text on each page including the home page so content-free pages can not be considered.
victorstanley.com this one is good from usability standpoint.
landscapeforms.com stylish but poor usability
Here are some more:
As you can see from the above sites, there is little forward design going on in the industry. Can we change that?
Payment Method: PayPal or check
Decision: A decision will be made within 4 business days of close of contest.
Contestants submitting work certifies that their submissions are original and are not in violation of the copyright laws of the USA
We may call upon the winner to design additional pages for this site at a rate of $150 US/page.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
We look forward to your submissions.