We'd like a fresh re-design of our website. Our current website looks old and needs a fresh design that "pops" and gives our customers a clear idea of what we do, why we are different, and where to click to go next.
Passports and Visas.com
Passports and Visas.com is engaged in securing US passports and travel visas for customers. Our customers by nature are international travelers, mostly corporate/business customers and higher than average income.
The nature of our business is we need to reassure customers that we are professional, available and do a great job. Our home page should accomplish this through good visuals, kudos/testimonials from customers and affiliated organizations. To note, we have been published in the New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Forbes.com. I think a competitor of ours http://rushmypassport.com/ a reasonable job of this with logos, etc.
Our logo is blue/gold - if you can work off those colors and/or complimentary colors. Right now, I view our current site as a little dark - want something a little brighter.
Needs to be improved in new design:
1. Right now, I think our website is not simple to use, we have lots of information scattered and it isn't obvious to our customers where to click to go deeper.
2. Web 2.0 style
1. Home Page
2. Secondary page layout where we could have the "meat" of our website, For use with a page like this one..
Ideally, these would be coded with HTML/CSS.
Logos for your use:
We have our logo here in PSD and EPS format.
Components Needed on Home Page:
1. Top Header Needs the following:
a. links to to Passport Services, Visa Services, Passport Information, About Us
b. display our 800 number 1-800-860-8610
c. something that references Live Help Online, for a live chat facility.
d. Search box.
e Note: This top "mast" will be desinged so it can be used consistently on all pages of the site.
2. Our home page will have a large, inviting, reassuring "banner" (see http://99designs.com/contests/11016/entries/772986 or
for an example). I don't want to stiffle designs, but the picture used should reflect our business at least include a picture of a passport, preferably with a person in an airport or conveying travel (with bags, for instance).
3. Would like a place to put affiliations (like ASTA logo - you can get their new logo here - http://www.travelegypt.com/astasymbol2.jpg
4. Home Page need to incorporate simply what we do, a reference to our pricing, client testimonials, industry affiliations and be VERY clear on what they click to go next. I like a 1-2-3 style of explainng what we do as well (see examples below) and on visahq.com (competitor) above.
Components needed on secondary page.
1. Header and Footer from Home page.
2. and "placeholder" for text like on this page : http://www.passportsandvisas.com/pa…/index.asp
For references of my likes:
Here are some competitors of ours, for reference
Here are some designs that I like
http://99designs.com/contests/7503/…ies/501084 I like the 1-2-3 in this.
http://99designs.com/contests/7503/…ies/501138 another 1-2-3
Let me know if need anything else.
- Simple Design, that doesn't require much thought from customer to go to the next click, obvious what is clickable.
- Clear visual hierarchy
- non-busy website
- see above for more detail
- 2 deliverables (home page and secondary page)
- IF you can code it in HTML/CSS that is a big plus, but not required.
- PSD file with all elements as layers.
- busy website