We need a clean and crisp home page design with colors from the logo, see logo at:
We like the homepages for the following websites:
http://www.wiserearth.org (the old site which they took down – see screenshot at http://www.flickr.com/photos/354065…1/sizes/o/ & http://www.care2.com
The wireframe for the new Transition US website can be found at:
The winning designer will be hired to do the secondary pages as well.
Transition US is an inspiring nonprofit organization that provides inspiration, support, training, and networking for Transition Towns across the United States. Our initiatives tackle Climate Change, Peak Oil and the economic crisis.
We are in the process of designing the umbrella website for our organization and would like to see some concept home pages based on the layout of the wireframe at http://tt-wireframes.dev2.webenable…Home.html. The concepts should use colors from our new logo (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/354065…12120064/) and other complimentary “earthy” colors.
More About the Transition Movement
We are part of a very fast-growing large international community grassroots movement known as Transition Towns. We have a process and methodology for engaging communities to come together and co-create a positive and abundant vision for the future, addressing fossil fuel depletion, climate change and the economic crisis.
We are a positive, upbeat, fun, green non-profit with a powerful vision and methodology for changing the world. We address both the inner and outer transition that is needed so that we can create effective, inspiring and long-lasting solutions for a low carbon future.
This will give you more of a flavor of who we are and what we do.
- Stylized home page designs based on the layout
- Colors from the new logo (or complimenting colors)
- Profession and Clean design
- Stylized segmentation buttons in the center of the page (with or without icons)
- Concept pictures for stories near the bottom of the page
- http://www.edutopia.org/ *** (3/5 stars) – we like the colors, style of the blocks
- http://www.babycenter.com/ *** (3/5 starts) – clean, crisp, and clear… perhaps add more contrast in the colors
- http://www.ehow.com/ **** (4/5 stars) – nice use of colors
- http://www.care2.com/ **** (4/5 stars) – how the site sits on a different background color. Nice use of colors, esp in block/section titles (white on color) and esp how story titles are in different colors.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/354065…326049611/ nice clean design… this was the inspiration behind our wireframe.
- Outside of black & white, we prefer two or three colors on the site… please use shades of the colors from the new logo.
- In the center buttons, change “trainings” to “our trainings” and change “partners” to “our partners”.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/354065…324691380/ - we don’t like the blue/green shading in the buttons on the top, the buttons in the center seem to be unbalanced (missing words). We don’t like the yellow/orange border on the blocks… perhaps change this to a gray border.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/354065…324693478/ - not using the colors from the logo, we like the idea of using icons in the center block, but we don’t like these corporate icons. For icons we like, see http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-165…yling.html and http://www.ecoliteracy.org/educatio…ology.html and http://permacultureprinciples.com/i…s_menu.gif