Great design, and very helpful in adjusting the details. Excellent work with an outstanding design as a result. Looking forward to working together again!
How Dustywater started their web page design journey
The LiveLung site is an initiative of the Dusty Joy Foundation, a new nonprofit with a mission to improve the lives of those touched by lung cancer through targeted programs promoting education, early detection and compassion. The Foundation will help usher in much needed research for early lung cancer detection. Dusty is the founder of the organization and a lung cancer survivor and advocate. (We also are posting another web project for dustyjoy.org with its own unique brand.)
The LiveLung site is a new web portal serving the U.S. lung cancer community. The dynamic portal will provide current lung cancer news, columns and other features. It also will recruit volunteers and donors and engage them with the nonprofit organization that best matches their interests.
We expect this site to be the “go to” website for anyone seeking information about lung cancer. With information about other lung cancer nonprofits, we expect a lot of traffic to the site. The portal will strengthen lung cancer non-profits by showcasing their organizations and directing others to join their efforts. The site will recruit those new to the world of lung cancer to direct them to the resources they need and meet individuals’ need to gain a sense of control by doing something positive (volunteering, donating, etc.).
I hope you will find some satisfaction in knowing that your work is for a very good cause.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our primary audience will be lung cancer patients, their families and friends. Our secondary audience includes other nonprofit organizations that provide support to patients. Also, we are reaching out to donors and volunteers. Finally, the site will be an educational resource for the general public seeking information about lung cancer.
- Be creative!
- Design 2 templates: 1 home page, 1 interior
- Use the attached wireframe as a general layout for the homepage
- Use the attached logo
- The interior template is more flexible, but should continue the primary elements.
- Top navigation items will be: Welcome, Newly Diagnosed, News, Resources, Lung Cancer Community and About Us. (Feel free to try different wording.)
- We’re open to adding a search box on the top navigation bar if the design fits. However, include a search box somewhere in your design that will be present on all pages.
- A drop-down menu will be used for second-tier navigation. In the design, the drop-down for Welcome should be: 5 Things about lung cancer, Purpose of this site, Navigating this site, Comments. It is ok if the titles span two lines, but no more.
- The content width should be 980px wide. It is desired, but not required, for the home page to be a max height of 768px.
- The RSS feed column in the wireframe need not be continued to the interior pages.
- The winner will be required to submit both .AI / .PSD and .EPS files, compatible with CS1, of the final design.
- The winner will also be required to be available for questioning from our developer if it is needed.