LocalPrice allows people to shop for local services like dentists, locksmiths, movers, granite countertop installers and pest control, etc. LocalPrice is the first site to allow people to compare local service providers based on price and the other objective aspects of their service offerings. People can get a quick ballpark price for what a service will cost them in their area. They can also quickly compare service providers, finding those best suited to their preferences.
LocalPrice was founded in Atlanta in 2008 and currently covers more than 20 types of Atlanta area services. LocalPrice plans to expand our coverage of service categories cover more than 100. LocalPrice also plans to expand to cover other major US cities.
US homeowners shopping online for everyday services in their area, e.g. movers, locksmiths, dentists, etc.
See link below for mockups. We require a design for 2 pages: “List view” and “Compare Provider view”
Ignore existing color scheme. Use palette from AmEx statement (see link). Use existing banner used in the mockups.
• See the “sites we like” links and use site designs as a starting point
• Use gradients. Gradients. We are thinking white/light gray gradients for most of the content areas
• Use shadows to create depth for different sections of tables and tabs
• Use 3D tabs
• Use small radius rounded edges for tables
• Shiny buttons are nice
• We want to make sponsored listings pop from the page in both the "list" and "compare" view. Use shading. Maybe offset listing to make it stand out. See link to Amex statement. The bar that has "Card activity" can give you some ideas.
• Create a button for “remove”-current one is a placeholder
• We need a small check mark to appear in all cells in the comparison grids instead of "yes"
• We also need a small "x" to appear in cells instead of "no" or not available.
• Create an icon to indicate whether a section is opened or closed, e.g. a triangle or a + /- box, etc.
Final deliverable must be sliced up into usable images. Formats gif, jpg, or png.