How Eric Wooten started their web page design journey
UkuMi revolutionizes digital advertising by blending its highly engaging social apps with its patent-pending "trust-based" display advertising platform – giving consumers a relevant and non-irritating advertising experience while leapfrogging industry standard display advertising performance! UkuMi works exclusively with Fortune 100 brands, top retailers and the largest digital agencies to deliver meaningful campaign messages to content publishers, social networks and media companies, helping them to monetize more effectively.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We have two audiences: Publishers and Advertisers
- bloggers, enthusiast sites, social networks, and media websites
- want fun and useful social apps that engage and grow their site visitors
- want to control the quality of content appearing on their site
- want to make money without alienating their readers
- Small publisher ex: Mommy-Bloggers and Automotive/Fashion/Beauty/Sports/Health/Fitness enthusiasts
- Large publisher ex: NYTimes.com, Oprah.com, Meetup.com
- big retailers, brands and ad/media agencies
- #1 goal: find their brand advocates and grow their relationship with them
- transforming: excited about social app companies like UkuMi and want to break away from old annoying and ineffective banner-ad model
- professional: want to work with ground-breaking and highly-effective advertising partners
- just the facts: want to quickly understand benefits of partnering w/ UkuMi
- budget conscious: want best bang for buck for their advertising dollar
- results-oriented: want to advertise in a thriving network of active and engaged Publishers eager to see and respond to their advertising offers
- brand conscious: want to connect with successful Publishers that have great experiences with their messages and products
 Homepage that appeals to both Publishers (large and small) and Advertisers (big brands), with login & contact links
 Design Theme: keep the logo, tree-frog "mascot" (can be updated) and green/earth-tones located at http://www.ukumi.com and http://beta.ukumi.com. The rest is up to you, but must be professional, clean and appealing to both individual consumers and corporate execs.
 Elements (tabs?) on splash page that direct site visitors to content (hidden divs or subpages?) that is more specific to their interests:
--- "Publishers" content: high-level benefits and call-to-action driving signup in Publisher Network to take advantage of UkuMi's social and monetization benefits
--- "Advertisers" content: high-level benefits and call-to-action driving creation of a trial campaign by clicking a "Step 1: Campaign Setup" button
--- "How It Works" content: mid-level system details, depending on whether you are a Publisher or Advertiser (see http://www.adbrite.com/mb/howitworks.php as example). Allow room for large img.
--- "Collections": this element will link out to http://beta.ukumi.com and load in parent window
 Design must accommodate a rotating flash banner that will be added to splash in future. Banner will be above the fold, page width and and 125-250px high.
 Example sites in order of preference:
-- http://www.adify.com (but no cartoons)