We're reworking our website as part of an overall campaign to increase our web image and disseminate accurate information about the scientific reasoning behind our solutions. We also want to increase awareness of our companies process and why we have always had a "green" solution.
We want a home page with a template for content pages, and a blog page. Our home page will center around our three business focuses, Secure Asset Pick-Up, Computer Leasing, and Remarketing/Recycling. You can view these as three parts of the asset lifecycle - Ownership, End-Of-Life, and After-Life. We want the home page to evoke an image of the Recycle Triangle, without looking just like it.
In addition the home page should enable navigation and display of the following secondary elements (but with less emphasis/visibility). Blog, News, About Us, Contact Us,Tour
Modern look and feel, ajax transitions, etc. are all good.
Here is an example of a site that breaks out of the panel & tree menu mold: http://www.gravitatedesign.com
The three major services must be clearly visible on the main page. If you must emphasize one of the three, emphasize secure pickup.
- This Color scheme, or close #004200,#0D4303, #3F7D2F, #CDDEB7, #87180B (or if you are on kuler, http://kuler.adobe.com/#themeID/473327) - Feel free to break this. We want distinct contrast, and I know that's hard with the three greens here. This is more of a guideline than a hard rule.
- Use existing logo if possible. http://www.usmicrocorp.com
- A news section on home page, which will show 4 most recent headlines
- .PSD files for final product, .jpg or .png is fine for preview
- Tree menus
- Any hidden navigation, of any kind
- Yet another corporate, blocky, three panel layout