I need an uncoded template for a non-profit group. Please use your own work. This needs to be professional but warm and friendly image rather than a zappy, trendy, weÂ’re-so-cool youth image.
See attached file
Accepted File Formats:
layered fireworx png or photshop psd
What type of business?
Charitable organisation: West Midlands Quaker Peace Education Project
Area of business
This organisation provides conflict resolution training to teenagers (and younger children) in schools throughout the West Midlands. This is done by a large team of trainers, two of whom work on each 10-week course in a school. The organisation is part of Warwickshire Quakers, and largely funded by them as part of their practical support for peace and non-violent conflict resolution (a central Quaker belief is pacificism).
Schools, largely in Central England (Oxford up to Lichfield, Welsh Borders to Nottingham). Teachers, Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, PSHE teachers, head teachers. Mentoring groups involved in conflict resolution and looking for specialist input from an expert organisation. School governors.
They have some competitors, namely commercial organisations offering conflict resolution, peer mentoring scheme co-ordination and PSHE-related training in schools and need your site to be at least as impressive as theirs. There are other youth-related mentoring organisations such as http://www.100blackmen.org.uk/
which do overlap a bit.
How site will be used
Stationery, newsletters, possibly online adverts in future but not at present time.
The organisations name is a bit of a mouthful and so they bought (and are currently using) the domain name http://www.peacemakers.org.uk which they are happy with (even though its the name of a gun!).
They want a professional but warm and friendly image rather than a zappy, trendy, were-so-cool youth image.
I am attaching:
1. their logo (two versions one with their name and one blank)
2. the dove bit of their logo excerpted from the rest of the logo
3. graphics from Istock (comps) of which a small selection could be used for the site
Their brand colour is Pantone Reflex Blue.
They are keen to use the dove in their logo as a bullet point and/or as a little picture alongside each of the main links in their nav bar. If this looks odd for some reason try doing just one design like that and doing the others differently so they can have a think about the contrast with examples in front.
Sites liked (and why)
(NOT in choice order)
They really loved this site when I showed it to them. I think it was the large, peaceful looking graphics, the clarity of the nav system and the simplicity of the site. They spoke about this site a lot and reminded me when I had conversations with them that this was the site they really took to.
They were also struck by this site when they first saw it. Again, its the clarity and the ease of navigation they like about it.
Sites not liked (and why)
They found this site very annoying apparently.
3) Contacts (with form for people to fill in with requests for information)
4) Services - a page saying what services they offer, possibly with subsidiary pages for various different services.
5) Resources - onto which they can put pdfs of training materials, details of items in their library.
6) Links page - in which they can easily put links to relevant organisations they are connected to.
7) Our Values - a page outlining the values behind the organisation.
8) Recruitment/Volunteer (realise we may need to come up with a shorter name for this link so it fits in the nav bar)
9) Support us page for donations but will have link to http://www.justgiving.org.uk or similar so no payment stuff needed.
winning designer will be required to provide rough sub-page mocks for a flash video gallery, login page, and contact form, but they will not need to be too polished
subject to change
2nd-7th Sept: Designing
7th-10th Sept: Limit down to 3 designs
10th-17th Sept: Client Trustees choose design
17th-21st Sept: Designer making minor tweaks to designs with trustees feedback (we will limit this so it won't be anything major)