- Item 1...We want a home page that visually highlights the essence of our operation that ties together the recovery of a lost natural resource in an environmentally responsible manner in conjunction with its strong connection the Penobscot Indian Nation and the history of river logging in Maine. Beyond its visual impact it needs to be user-friendly and easily navigated as well as imply the uniqueness and high quality of our products.
Beyond the standard Home, About Us and Contact Us sections, there will be six information categories (see attached draft web site from template http://underwaterwood.geekteam.com/public/),
1. Sinker Logs (material covering this topic)
2. Harvesting Logs (how the logs are harvested in an environmentally responsible manner),
3. Penobscot Indian Nation & Maine River Logging ( a brief history relating to the Penobscot Tribe and river logging in Maine),
4. Why Wood & Why Recovered Wood? (material explaining why wood is the most environmentally friendly building and manufacturing material on this planet and why recovered wood is even more environmentally friendly than virgin wood).
5. Mill Marks (material covering the brand marks that are carved into logs to designate their owner),
6. Product Considerations (material explaining the range of our products and the nature of limited availability, numbered limited edition, one of a kind and custom designed products)
The product section will include four product categories as opposed to the three categories listed on the original home page template (see attached link for reference);
1. Material” (i.e. logs, log end sculpting blocks, carving blanks, turning squares, planks, lumber, etc.),
2. Finished Products (i.e., laser engraved products such as paddles, plaques, picture frames, games, wine and gift boxes, etc.),
3. Graphics (i.e., theme oriented pen and inks and paintings, framed or unframed),
4. Custom Design (commission work).
Many of the products will be upscale, limited edition or one of a kind. The heritage of the wood used and the essence of the products should have a visual theme relative to both the Penobscot Tribe and Maine river logging, since they shared much of the same natural resources, geography, history and culture. In addition a number of tribal members played key rolls in the success of log drives for many decades.
Due to the overall Native American nature of this enterprise, we will be initially strategically targeting Native American market sectors including architects, casinos, upscale gift shops and galleries. We would like these groups to relate to the site when they visit it, but visitors that are focused on the Maine river logging side of the product line also need to relate to the home page, so it cannot be overly Native American oriented. .
We want our company logo and brand logo included in the home page.
This site will be used to take orders and collect payments.
Here is our logo is a PSD format:
Here is the Penobscot Heritage logo in PDF format: