What this is about
The site will be a pan-European student and graduate recruitment site. It will be visited mostly by students and recent graduates in Europe.
What the competition includes
All pages should include the following: menu, same across all pages; breadcrumb navigation, e.g. Universities >> Harvard. Feel free to design a logo for the menu, or just use the text TalentDorm (whichever is better in your opinion).
- Front page (see attached file with layout)
- Article subpage (see attached file for possible layout)
- List subpage (see attached file for possible layout)
If you do not want to enter all three at once, please submit the front page, and then we will work with those we are interested in. This way, both of us will save time.
How it should look
- We want a neat and clean design. Out main point is clearness and ease of navigation.
- Consistent color scheme, not too many colors
- Interactive and stylish, a big plus if you can create some flash elements or something animated, if you think it will make the page more "alive"
- Icons for important elements. This one is important, since we think it makes it much easier to navigate the site. You can either create icons yourself, or take clip art and we will of course buy it if we use your entry. The style of all icons should be consistent as well.
While we can't guarantee that we will choose a winner, we are very eager to get the design as soon as possible, so all entries will be considered very seriously.
- There will be a file attached with a rough layout that we want (you'd have to find other icons).
- Simple layout. For instance, we like http://www.talentarena.de/ : big pictures that you can click on, that take you to subsections.
- Interactiveness, a feeling that the website is "alive". For instance, look at http://www.absolventa.de/ . Clean and simple, not too crowded, and very easy to find what you want.
- The level of the above mentioned two sites is what we are looking for.
- Format: any layered image format will do, but preferably PSD.
- A lot of different fonts (> 3)
- A lot of different colors (> 5)
- Page crowded with elements.