How IslandVal started their web page design journey
Turks & Caicos Reservations
We are a reservation agency for the Caribbean island of Turks & Caicos. Our current site is http://www.discovertci.com. The company is changing it's name to Turks & Caicos Reservations. new logo attached. We are like hotels.com but just for the Turks & Caicos. We offer a comprehensive listing of all hotels in the destination , plus villas, attractions, tours, etc. We are the only locally based service providing this to tourists (most other services are not based on the island - or are large on line travel agencies like Expedia and Travelocity).
We sell to tourists who want the ultimate in Caribbean/beach vacations. We are different because we are actually based on the island and have all the 'inside info' to plan a great vacation! Plus we have great deals and even offer 'travel rewards' -- extra perks if you book with us (free rental car, free scuba trip, photo shoot on beach)
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Anyone interested in a tropical, island Caribbean vacation. The site must be visually appealing (large colorful photos) and really show off the natural beauty and luxury of our islands! Clear aqua blue water. White sandy beaches. Great water sports. Luxury hotels, spas and restaurants. Family fun, Couples, Weddings, etc. Tropical colors.
Secondary audience is general management in local hotels and villa rental agencies.
Main nav will stay about the same. Home page: We need to work in 7 main elements to the design of the site which we feel will help us to be more successful (i.e. make more bookings)
In order of priority
1) Featured Promotions: a creative way to ensure that people no matter which page they are on on the can get to our DEALS page at http://www.discovertci.tc/free-night.html
2) Why book with us: we'll be putting a page together with info on why people should choose to book with us instead of our competition.
3) meet our agents: creative way to highlight our team of locally based agents
4) Video collection: we will be shooting a series of videos
5) Island bloggin: a way to promote our blog which resides at http://www.discovertci.tc/blog where we post Insider type info for the destination
6) Tesimonials: find a creative way to load testimonials from people
7) Win a Free Trip: this is something that we do to build out email database