"kelly_hero" is... Our Hero!
With 152 entries, submitted by 12 separate Designers, we had our work cut-out for us!
Indeed, while we were adept enough in our own efforts to write a Design Brief that offered each of our 12 Designers to "Design-by-the-Numbers", based on carefully articulated Guidelines, the design presented by "kelly_hero" distinguished itself from the rest in one decisive way.
From the beginning, it was clear that, not only did "kelly_hero" craft a design wherein "Form" aligned perfectly with "Function", but "kelly_hero" knows Coding! It was her Coding skills, clearly demonstrated in her design, that immediately set "kelly_hero" a part from the rest; and to our extraordinary benefit!
We are forever grateful! Thank you "kelly_hero"... for being Our Hero!
How pwyl started their web page design journey
PrintWhatYouLike.com is an online application used by thousands of people a day to trim ads, whitespace, and legal disclaimers off web pages before printing them. We're looking to replace our existing homepage with something more fun, and web 2.0ish.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
PrintWhatYouLike.com is an online application used by thousands of people a day to trim ads, whitespace, legal disclaimers and other junk off web pages before printing them. The site is free and requires no registration, so try it out- reformat this page to your liking: http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/pri…6711/brief
We've come to you guys because our existing homepage has an amateurish look to it, and is too bland. We're seeking a fresher, eye-catching, web 2.0 look.
Some Ideas To Consider:
- PrintWhatYouLike.com helps people be more environmentally conscious about their printing. Any design which can incorporate an eco-friendly theme would be great!
- We're really trying to go for a fun, upbeat and light-hearted vibe on the site
- Be creative!! We would love to have a imaginative and distinctive design that people will remember. The following elements need to be visible on the top half of the page (visible without having to scroll down):
- the printwhatyoulike.com logo
- the description of what the site is all about (this is the 'Ever print a web page..." line at the top of the existing home page)
- the link to the demo - ideally this should be one of the first things that catches your eye when viewing the site.
- the "enter a url to start" field and start buttonYour design should also include the link to the bookmarklet, the demo video, the features list (the list below and to the right of the demo link) and the "How it works" list somewhere on the page.
- web 2.0 - clean, bold colors, crisp, etc
- bright, warm colors
- a design that stands out and makes you say 'wow!' Not in a shocking or starved for attention sense, but it a 'cool, I've never seen anything like that before' sense.
- anything too serious (looks like a bank website)