The Sonnenalp of Vail Foundation is a charitable Foundation organized to enhance the quality of life for residents of the Greater Vail Valley and Eagle County communities with a particular focus on medical and educational needs not currently met by existing agencies and charitable organizations.
The Foundation contributes over $75,000 annually to local fundraising efforts to benefit education, early childhood learning programs, public libraries, community service projects and funds to help with extraordinary medical expenses. In addition, the Foundation supports medical treatment and research facilities in the Denver area which provide specialized services currently unavailable in our area.
The annual Scramble Against Cancer Golf Tournament has generated over $1M for the Sonnenalp Diagnostic Breast Imaging Center located in the Shaw Cancer Center in Edwards, CO. This facility serves the entire central Rocky Mountain region of Colorado and provides cancer patients with medical services and housing locally.
The Casual Classic Bike Ride in partnership with ECOTrails help maintain Eagle County’s beautiful bike path system.
The Foundation is local, and all about the people who live in the Vail Valley. We want to present a warm and personal feeling while maintaining a simple elegance befitting the Sonnenalp name and character.
Audience groups for the site are:
1. Donors, who contribute money to the Foundation. These are wealthy individuals, family trusts, and organizations who visit the website to confirm the Foundation's credibility, programs, and mission.
2. Event participants, who contribute through their participation in fundraising events. This group seeks detailed event info and sign up forms.
3. Volunteers, who contribute their time in support of Foundation programs and events. Volunteers visit the site for volunteer opportunities and to sign up.
4. Grant recipients, who are individuals or organizations seeking funding from the Foundation. This audience is looking for information about the Foundation's mission and funding criteria, and for detailed info on the grant request process.
** Schedule **
Three finalist concepts chosen Sunday, 5/9 12:00 MDT (GMT -7). Winner chosen Monday 5/10. We'll pay for secondary page design and art production.
** Style & Tone **
The feeling should be hopeful, airy, free, open, inviting movement into space. Not a heavy content site. Examples: http://www.ellispartners.com, http://www.eliewieselfoundation.org, http://www.theyouthfoundation.org, and http://www.mayoclinic.org are good examples of the "feeling" we're are looking for.
** Required Elements **
1. Logotype of The Sonnenalp of Vail Foundation (Sonnenalp sun face optional)
2. Full address (P.O. Box 4401, Vail, CO 81658)
3. Contact info (Michele D. Davis, Executive Director, 970-479-5700, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Email sign up (text input and button)
5. Primary navigation (about, programs, events, volunteer, donate, request funding)
6. home page content areas that highlight programs, events and a news feature
7. An additional prompt to donate: for example, "Make a difference today. Donate Online"
** Other Thoughts **
- Use type and color to create sophistication without effects - see http://www.mayoclinic.org
- Use of special effects and filters should be *extremely* subtle. No glaring drop shadows or crude gradients please!!!
- Use of embedded animation/interaction is okay, especially for telling a story with images. E.g. http://www.mayoclinic.org, http://www.nature.org, http://www.makeitrightnola.org. Show your idea.