Great job on a simple, clean, yet stunning design, and the designer was so good to work with. He asked good questions to clarify our intent before submitting any designs, and he asked good questions all along the way to make sure he was going in the direction we wanted. He also took input from our team really well, making it in some ways a joint design experience. It was so obvious he was the right one for us that we quickly eliminated all other designers so we could focus our work with him. No problems with this designer - we would definitely work with him again.
How e-volve started their web page design journey
Imagine shopping from all of your local food shops on one website. Then imagine everything you'd bought turning up the very next day. Sounds like a dream? You bet! Now imagine that this service can't exist because we can't get a good web design. This is a sad reality we're faced with. HighStreetUnited.co.uk needs you - don't let us down!
High Street United
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We would like a layout for our website that sells indiviudal local retailers' products and then delivers them to our customers the very next day.HOW IT WORKS
e.g. joe the butcher adds his burgers to his shop section on our site, harry the fish-monger adds some prawns and tom the baker adds his loaf of bread etc etc. Along comes mary who goes on to http://www.highstreetunited.co.uk and buys joe's burgers, harry's prawns but not tom's bread - she's gluten intolerant you see. We compile mary's order along with 100's of others and the next day we take a trip to harry and joe's shops, pick up the ordered products and deliver them all to mary at her pre-selected time.
GENERAL PAGE LAYOUTWe're going to have loads of different pages on the site e.g. a page all about the shops in one particular town, a page showing all of the products available from one particular shop etc etc - we don't need anything specific at this stage but we do need a general template to fit all of this juicy content into.
We were thinking of a three column template with a tab structure sitting above it. We will also need breadcrumb navigation.
- Top Tab Nav Sections: - Shop (active),
- My Account,
- Community- Left Hand Nav: Search By: - Region- Town
- Shop Type- Butchers
- Product Type- Meat
- etc- Right Hand Nav - Likely to be image based and include a shopping cart link.RESOURCES
- our logo is here: http://www.highstreetunited.co.uk
- We need a site that looks friendly and local but also professional and face-less (tricky - but google seem to have managed it) -
- For inspiration we like Google Adword's easy to use layout - even though there is wagon-loads of info it feels easy
- We like the way amazon's left hand navigation is streamline and expandable without taking up loads of space - but don't blatently rip it off cos we don't really love its aesthtics - just the way it works
- We like http://www.sainsburys.co.uk way of being both professional and friendly - but these guys are our competition in a way - so don't blatently rip off