- No strong gradients (This isn't an ABSOLUTE rule, but I don't want anything too harsh. If you think you can pull it off, then feel free)
- Not too "boxy" - a few rounded corners never hurt anybody
- No stock photography (I'm just not really into it)
- A cartoon or fun little character would be better in place of stock photography. This isn't mandatory though.
- "Web 2.0" (yes I know this term is so overused it's just not funny)
- Simple, clean, easy, beautiful
- Light themed design (doesn't necessarily have to be white, though)
- I really like the design and colour/pattern scheme from http://simplebits.com and http://www.iconshoppe.com -- But you're the designer though, not me.
- Some samples of designs that I like can be found here:
- The websites in the above example are:
- I will require the final design in layered PSD format
- This will be a website that will have an online book shop as it's main function, so it would be good to see that incorporated in the design
- If you have any other questions or need me to elaborate on anything, PLEASE feel free to message me about anything, at any time. All questions are very welcome.