Lots of room for creativity here but also substantial direction provided. We’re looking for a creative look and feel for a green building and remodeling consultancy. The company provides expertise in building and renovating residential properties to become more sustainable and energy efficient.
Suggested photo imagery, palette, ideas and logos are provided in a zip file.
Feedback will be provided on at least a daily basis. Follow up with any questions you may have.
Look forward to seeing your creative ideas!
Pazzo di Terra (“Crazy for Land/the Earth” in Italian)
We are looking for a Web page design for a greenconsulting company providingexpertise in building and renovating residential properties to become moresustainable and energy efficient.
The design is for the homepage but should bear in mind the intent to keep the look and feel throughoutthe whole site without major modifications. Perhaps a larger initialimage/banner or simpler layout for the home page. Depending on the selecteddesign, follow-up for subpages may be involved.
The company works with three main audiences:
- Homeowners looking to “Greenovate”their home- Architects looking for Sustainabledesign ideas- Builders looking to use up to dategreen techniquesThe company hasan existing logo of an olive tree (included in zip file). Not only is this anatural theme but also symbolizespeace and abundance. Elements of the logo may (though don’t have to) repeatthroughout the site as a design element.
Artistic,eclectic, unique and somewhat fun though still mature and professional. Green andeco friendly. A slightly less common color palette of non-conventional bluesand greens is also provided in the zip. The reds would be more for accent orheadings. Also like idea of patterned background sections (sample also included).
An excellent reference for thedirection is:
Welike this site very much in terms of the artistic/crafty visual style. Lovecolors though want it a bit more vibrant (see the palette file in zip). Love the blackand white over photographic images.
However,it is a bit too feminine. We want to stress interior design aspect/feel less. Needto consider the majority target audience will be male/professional audience.
Aselection of stock photographs with natural themes is also included in the zip.Specific Home page images have been suggested in the doc but feel free to changethem around if you have a better idea you’d like to propose.
Details in Home Content file in zip. Would liketo keep open the option to add one more menu in the future so try to allow for some flexibility.
Couldpotentially have a small iconic image associated with each option (i.e. leaf,windmill, etc.)
0 star – not yet been considered
1 star - not really what we’re looking for.
2 star – there may be something therebut may need a different take
3 star - getting closer but need revisions
4 star - design is being considered
5 star - we really like the design and will choose from these.
The final version should bedelivered as a PSD and a flattened jpg file.
Download zip file of notes at:
- Creative and eclectic look. Not overly clean.
- Nice use of colors.
- Site widthshould be around 960 pixels wide and the important vertical portionshould be “above the fold” within 700 pixels though it can scroll downvertically below that
- Too much blank white space. Prefer more colorful and artistic
- Too business-y / high tech