We need one page re-designed: The landing page (http://www.chow247.com). The page serves two purposes:
1) Tells the user what we do for him, and
2) Lets him search for restaurants near him.
Here are our initial requirements:
1) Without reading anything, it should be clear that this is a site for getting food.
2) It should be very quickly clear what the user can do here exactly. The messages we use now and like are "The easiest way to order delivery or takeout from your favorite local restaurants" and "Free online ordering!" But we're welcome to improvements.
3) To search for restaurants, we need a full street address with either a) city & state, b) ZIP, or c) both. Apartment is optional.
4) The user can choose between searching for all restaurants or only those that deliver. We default to only those that deliver because that's what most people are looking for.
5) It would be great if we can show step-by-step how the ordering process works on this page.
6) We'd like links from here to various other pages like: About Us, FAQ, Contact Info, Legal & Privacy, Restaurant Sign-Up, etc.
7) The design/style should "go with" the other pages we already have, since we're only re-designing the front page, and not the entire site (will attach screenshots).
8) We're not set on our logo, so have fun with it. The name Chow247 means chow (read: food) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A good logo would make that clear. Right now it looks like the number two-hundred forty-seven, which means nothing.