tuneticker is an innovative and brand new social networking service that allows users to instantly share their iTunes playlist activity with friends and the entire world. The software allows people to be instantly notified about songs their friends play or add to their libraries. The user can even set it to only notify them about songs their friends play or add if the system thinks they will like the song based on a number of factors. The main component of TuneTicker is a light-weight desktop application that transmits the user's playlist data and also displays their friends' activity. In its simplest form, TuneTicker assures the end-user that they will never be out of the loop on what their friends are listening to and opens up an entirely new way to find appealing songs and interact with friends via their music choices.
These sites are just examples. I don't love the colors on Vuze, but their site is still cool.
While our target audience is anyone who listens to music, right now it is mainly people who use iTunes to listen to their music. So this falls mostly into ages 15-42 (or possibly even younger than 15), made up of mostly people who are adequate with technology, but aren't fluent in it. This also means that the logo should appeal to both males and females.
The only requirements for this web page design are the concepts we need, but all design aspects are up to the designer.
What the site (home page only) needs to do:
- The single most important thing is that the user coming to the site starts "tuneticking" which includes a very short signup, and then downloading the program "TuneTicker", but mainly, we want and NEED them to download our software.
- The other important thing the site needs to convey is tuneticking and the companion software is 100% free and always will be.
- Unless you have another idea, I think right at the top of the page there should be a large, appealing graphic describing what tuneticker is, and the main points so the user understands what it is right when they come to the site
- The site needs a nice menu bar to fit no more than 6 buttons
- For color theme, I'm leaving this up to the designer. I've provided our logo in 2 colors (attached), while the blue is suggested, it isn't required. You can change the color of the logo as long as it looks great. But the color theme of the site should fit with the logo.
- Final layout should be in PSD format
LASTLY, and VERY important, I realize tuneticker is a complicated concept. PLEASE, if you have questions, ask!! Because which design we chose will depend largely on which conveys the concept the best. All designs will receive feedback.