This website is for a condo development being built in a small upscale community 10 minutes from the city, considered to be the most upscale residential area around the city. The condos will be the most affordable housing in the community. They will also include optional upgrades for buyers who want a top-of-the-line finish and eco-friendly features as well. The condos will be near a golf course and include a membership but this won't be a major selling point for all buyers. There is nothing similar available in the area yet. Generally it's not quite in the country but not part of the city either.
We have launched a related contest at http://99designs.com/web-design/con…ject-62037 for a different area and look forward to seeing more designs there!
The condos will appeal mainly to young families (including people who want to live near where they grew up but can't afford something bigger in the area) but could reach a broader market as well.
We are aiming for a look that will be appealing to the target market without turning off anyone else and show that these are nice condos in a nice area, but doesn't look too expensive. There is no logo so the name can be used instead. We would prefer a fairly light design that uses relatively few thick/3d borders, lines, etc. Other than these requirements we're starting with a blank slate regarding colors and the general design concept, so show us your best! We are looking to guarantee this contest as soon as it qualifies.
We would like to develop other marketing materials later on that are based on this design using similar colors, fonts, etc so we would prefer something that translates well to other formats but is laid out to be readable and appealing on the website.
The design should include elements that can be re-used on several pages; for the homepage we will end up with 2-4 paragraphs of text (maybe using subtitles with a slight emphasis) plus a large image while other pages will use a combination of text, subtitles, lists, and small photos.
The deliverable is a one-page design to use as a CMS template.
The requirements are:
- Heading area with name
- Navigation area with 6 pages (Home, Site Plan, Floor Plans, Options, Builder, Contact) - can be on left, right, or top
- Content area for homepage including main title text, subtitle text, regular paragraph, quoted paragraph, bullet list
- One large photo to be used as part of the homepage content (we will provide the final photo) so it's more visual and one small photo embedded in text (should be laid out in a way that the photos can be removed without breaking the flow, and more small photos can be added in a similar manner)
- An image overlay showing how an image could be popped up overlapping part of the content (for example a small floor plan showing over top of the site plan)
- Share icons - facebook, twitter, print, mail (we don't need the icons designed unless you want to do this)
- One area with 3 tabs side by side (the content below this does not need to be designed as we will just show an image for the selected tab)
Deliverable files should be in PSD format or other format that can be opened in Fireworks and allows new titles to be generated by editing the text.