Dear Web Designer,
Please review my site, safani.com, which was made a long time ago. I want to update it so it can be viewed on iPads and iPhones as well. It is important that the quality of the objects, the multi generational history of the business, and the emphasis of the logo ARTTRANSCENDINGTIME, be important components of the design. I would like the logo on the left with rotating images and the gallery name on the right with a horizonatal register of links to other page of the site. See Kallosgallery.com.
It will be a 6-7-page web design with:
1. Home page- some interesting design that conveys the thought that ancient art endures and stands the test of time. On my site I have the lettering on a gradient, implying the passage of time. I am open to any concept that is visually striking but highlights the gallery name and logo.
2. About Us – with images of my grandfather, my father and I, and my staff today. Also, the icons of the associations I belong to on the page bottom.
3. Portfolio – A selection of 15-20 images that I have sold or I am offering. I want the display to be interesting for a computer and easy to read with an Iphone (ie when an object is clicked on, its image appears with a description with a scroll underneath of thumbnails of other objects).
4. Publications- a series of images (7-10) from catalogues I have published.
5. Exhibitions- a listing of the exhibitions I have been in the last 3 years and the future ones.
6. Contact Us – a map showing the location of my business, a contact message template, and the ability for a visitor to click on two or three specific email addresses (ie email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, …).
I have a folder of hi res images and most of the text. I want the design to be easy enough for someone working for me, who is tech savvy, to be able to alter or change text and images.
I have a domain name and host. I can change the hosting site. I also have a web developer.
I want it desktop, tablet and mobile friendly.
I want to build the site using 3 separate CSS. This results in a much cleaner and professional presentation. Do not use flash or java. Only use html5.
I want to reduce image size on the screen to speed up the experience but include a downloadable PDF or JPG for high resolution.
I want the ability for touchscreen devices to enable finger gestures.
Alan Safani email@example.com