How SteveS started their print or packaging design journey
We need someone to take our existing design for our CD label and jacket, add life to the design, and give it a professional look. The original was done in Photoshop and we would like the new design to be done in Illustrator to gain the benfits of vector-based graphics. These will ultimately be sent to a printer and mass-produced, so design should be optimized for print purposes and meet the specs of the printer's design templates.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We will need the existing design of our CD label and jacket redesigned with a more interesting and engaging design. We provide services to luxury real estate agents, and the ulitmate end-user will be the seller of a high-end luxury home. So the design needs to be very professional, captivating and engaging, yet conservative, luxurious and elegant. We will provide existing design files in PSD format and would like to have them redone in Illustrator to take advantage of vector-based graphics. Designs will need to be optimized for print purposes.
- CD Label redesigned -- professional, luxurious, engaging and captivating, optimized for print purposes.
- CD Jacket -- same requirements as CD label
- We have adopted the Edwardian Script "P" as our trademark, so try to work that into the design
- For both designs, need to be consistent in theme. OK to try to work in color theme from the website. Gradient on current design did not print well, so solid-fill design may be best solution -- designer can make that decision, but the design absolutely must be guaranteed to print well. Background textures, images, shapes, etc, OK, but must be used in a way that maintains professional, luxurious look and feel.
- Both designs must meet specs of printer's design templates
- Design must be professional and luxurious -- no cartoonish, edgy, or off-color designs will be accepted