We want to design a fact sheet with the following headings and content therein:
The fund objective and strategy
- a write up of what the strategy is and objectives it aims to achieve
The type of investor that the fund is for
- a write-up/graphic that shows the risk profile and investment objectives the individual wishes to achieve
How the fund has performed
- a graphic/table that shows how the fund performed in terms of growth over a number of years.
- a graphic/table that shows how much of a certain asset is held in the fund
- a graphic/table that shows how much of a certain asset class is in the fund
- a breakdown of the fees, namely: Annual service fee, total expense ratio, transaction cost and total investment charge
Investors usually view these documents in a comparative mindset and may be looking at more than one when making an investment decision. Therefore the intention is for this document to display the important information in an easy to digest manner.
I.e. if graphics and tables and bullets can replace long paragraphs of words and numbers then rather use that. This is where you are free to be creative.
Traditionally fact sheets are documents that may be too wordy and present the information in a crammed manner, we would like to move away from that and optimise the document for easy reading, digestion and comparison.
Please note, that these are documents that are updated quarterly, therefore bear in mind that it needs to be easy to update.