The layout would be similar to the second website above. The homepage would have a big image of middle-aged woman or women with an intro of what the study is about. Somewhere I'd like to have an "I'm interested!" button that people can press that will link them to a survey (that the designer wouldn't have to worry about). Then at the bottom there would be the drop-down items mentioned above (Who can participate? etc.). These drop down menus would contain the following information:
Who can participate? (this would be the title of the drop-down menu)
This study is seeking healthy women that meet all of the following:
• Age (years) is between 45 and 55
• Experiencing irregular menstrual cycles
• Less than one year since the last menstrual period
• Not taking antidepressant medications
• Not taking hormones
What is involved?
Your involvement in this study is intended to last 12 months. It will include the following:
1. Enrollment: The first visit can take place in our laboratory or can be conducted over the phone. During this visit, you will be asked questions about your current and past mood symptoms and will complete questionnaires about your medical history, your mood and your menopausal symptoms.
2. Mood Assessment, Saliva and Urine Collection: Once a week for twelve weeks, you will be asked to collect two saliva samples – one upon waking and another 30 minutes after waking - at home. You will also complete questionnaires asking you about your mood, sleep and hot flashes. The next day, you will be asked to collect a urine sample at home first thing in the morning. These saliva and urine samples will be used to measure your hormone levels. We will ask you to keep your samples in your freezer until the end of the twelve weeks, at which time we will arrange to ship your samples to our laboratory.
3. Follow-up: Once a month for nine months, you will asked to complete a brief questionnaire about your mood either over the phone or through an online survey. Depending on your answers on this questionnaire, you may be asked to complete an additional interview over the phone.
You will receive $250 for fully participating in all aspects of the study.
Principal investigator and ERB number
ERB Number: XXXXXXX
Principal Investigator: Dr. Jennifer Gordon
Institution: University of Regina