How Stuart Watson started their logo design journey
Our name was derived from the words ‘local’, ‘mobile’ and ‘business’ because that’s what we’re about. We will be providing services and technology for retailers and small businesses to promote themselves (and be found) via mobile devices like the iPhone. Our key differentiator is that we are focused on the location-based aspect. For us, it’s all about local. Our tagline is: ‘Life is local. Life is mobile’.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience are small to medium sized businesses, retailers and shopping mall operators. Under our business model the general public/consumers won’t be interacting with our brand.
We want a killer logo that presents a professional image to our new start-up. Here are some of our requirements to consider:
- We want the name ‘lomobi’ to be in all lower case in the logo. It is important to us that the letters are clearly legible given the uncommon name.
- We ideally want the name to be the focus in the logo with limited or no other graphics (like Facebook, Google or Twitter).
- Although there is a mobile element to our business we don’t want that to be a focus in the logo (i.e. no mobile phone imagery).
- Logo must work on a white or color background (see colors below). Being able to invert it to work on color background is fine.
- Tagline included in the logo is purely optional.
We want some color and brightness to the logo and are providing these colors to work with:
Darker blue = R: 55, G: 156, B: 206
Lighter grey/blue = R: 187, G: 227, B: 247
Feel free to incorporate other colors to make the logo standout and also to provide us with other graphic design options for our website etc later on.
The files formats we will require are:
Print file format – Adobe Illustrator (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)