We are growing a company that will have a number of facets and we would like to have a logo that visually links the various entities. These are Urban Group (parent company), UrbanCreatures (architectural/design entity), UrbanSplash (real estate entity), UrbanDwell (home building entitiy). I have listed Urban Creatures first because this the first entity that will be launched. The others will follow and need to have a strong thread that links them together.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for a logo that will form the basis for our company signature. UrbanCreatures is the company that manages the design component of the group. Our company designs the buildings that are then marketed by UrbanSplash, our real estate company. The buildings are then constructed by UrbanDwell our construction arm. Ultimately all the companies will be collectively marketed as UrbanGroup. Our tag line is "Property People Place" and this can apply to all four entities.
I am an architect and my business partner is a property developer. We have the ability to design, market, sell and construct our developements. The logo needs to work for letterheads, business cards, web. The logo needs to be serious, strong, and visually memorable and able to be adopted by all four entities. All entities need to use the same font but colour can be used to differentiate the companies.
- Tagline is: Property-People-Place
- Colour scheme - no bright colours or multi colours in one logo eg. google. Prefer more 'serious' colours
- Style - contemporary but not trendy.
- Don't mind using 'bold' and 'normal' to differentiate words
- Have considered the use of the DNA strutcure to form part of logo - I have attached a website that gives an idea of what I am thinking. The idea with the DNA is that we deal with people and the DNA image is a graphic representaion of 'people'and if you think laterally it can also look like stylised city streets/buildings from above
- I am keen to use CAPS only but am open to a challenge on this one
- At the end of the day we design, develop, build and sell...
- cartoons, startreky, futuristic too many colours in one company name.
- Don't want to see buildings in logo
- Don't want anything that plays on the Creatures word or Splash word, for example - No creatures, creature images, splashing in the logo's