Business Evaluation Calculus (BEC) is a research-based, software-assisted, web-accessed system for evaluating the current and potential value of any business, ranging from well-established large enterprises to brand-new start ups. BEC has been developed by one of the world’s leading professors of entrepreneurship.
Working through the system involves answering 15 questions (in the form of a rating number between 1 and 9) in 5 key areas:
The output of the tool is a comprehensive report involving numbers, graphs, comparisons, recommendations and ratings. BEC is as applicable to not-for-profit organisations, clubs, societies and projects as it is to profit oriented ventures.
We want a clean, striking international friendly logo that works in multiple contexts.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Users of the system will range from entrepreneurs who start new companies to managers, who evaluate existing businesses to investors who contemplate taking a share in the business being examined.
In short, anyone who wants a dispassionate assessment of the current and potential value of any business organisation or project should use this tool as a key component of their decision making. It provides systematic, really-fast, really-simple calculation of the true potential of a project or venture.
- Type-face and graphic must work well together.
- Type-face must be a font that is freely downloadable from the Internet or included.
- Graphic suggests business calculation but is not too 'busy'.
- Logo must look good in both colour and black and white.
- Must look good on a web home page and all subsequent pages (can’t be too busy)
- Must look good as a letterhead
- Must work in power point presentations
- Colour: relatively open minded, but green suggests growth potential and newness. Silver or gold suggests money.
- Highly professional. Appeal to all ages. Conservative without being boring.
- Perhaps suggestions of quantitative (numbers) output might be good
- The slogan/sub-head after the words Business Evaluation Calculus are: "From possibility from profitability." (Optional and open-minded on use of this sub-head)
Key outputs and benefits of Business Evaluation Calculus
- A truly unbiased report representing the value of your business, venture or project.
- Performing the evaluation is also a thorough education in business evaluation; the program contains slide presentations and detailed printed material on all aspects of venture evaluation.