How UniversalSlate started their logo design journey
Habas Green Coffee is looking for a logo that conveys a feeling of old-world while at the same time feeling like a fresh company (isn't it always the way, though? :)
Habas Green Coffee
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Habas Green Coffee is an online company that wholesales organic, green (meaning un-roasted), coffee beans to artisan roasters across the United States and Canada. The thing that's different about us is that we only sell green coffee in half-sacks (35kg) and full-sacks (70kg). Other companies either only sell in small 1lb - 5lb bags to 'home roasters' or in full pallets to commercial roasters.
Our client base is going to be smaller, artisan roasters that need to buy in much larger quantities than the home roaster but can't yet afford full pallets. These people are very 'down to earth' and people-friendly and don't necessarily respond well to a 'big corporate' entity. We need a brand/logo that they are going to respond well to, like a breath of fresh-air, the kind of fresh-air that makes them feel like they are going to be taken care of :)
What we are looking for is a versatile logo (i.e. can be embroidered). See below for technical details.
Alright! Thank you very much for reading this and participating in the design process. We really appreciate your talent and hard work.
The winning designer will likely also be asked to design a webpage layout for us on 99designs.
- Comes with three colorways: on white, on black and black-and-white.
- If using color, please use only up to four Pantone colors(including black). We are going to be printing the logo with offsetprinting and will not be using 4/4 process.
- Please focus more on the illustrative element instead of the wordmark. The logo needs to work independently of the wordmark.
- It needs to look 'timeless' but also 'fresh'. A thought I had in mind would be to use the look of 'wood-cuts'. An example of what I mean by 'wood-cuts' can be seen here. This is just a thought. If you're good at this sort of thing, you may be able to totally impress us.
- 'Earth-tone' colors would be a good place to start.
- Keep in mind, this needs to look cool. So, make sure your entry is super-cool :)
- Does not contain any gradients
- Does not contain any 'Web2.0 reflections' or shadows