The logo will be used for a car-related website that will serve the general population (your average driver, commuters, mechanics, car salespersons, business fleet managers, taxi drivers, etc.)
I'm looking for a logo that can be used for lifelong branding. It should include the words (well kept car) but also include a graphic representation that can be easily recognizable itself (like the Nike Swoosh). Generally speaking, I'm looking for a logo that makes the average driver -- with no particular car knowledge -- comfortable using the website, but also something that speaks to the car gurus too.
When this contest is finished, I'd like to be able to use the same designer for the next portions of the project (business cards, etc.)
- The logo should definitely visually connect the brand name to some aspect of cars or car service. The best design will figure out how to do this in a way that is catchy and appealing, without being edgy or cheesy. Feel free to include some abstraction of a car, a car part (e.g., steering wheel) or something that mechanics use (e.g., wrench, dipstick).
- The look that i'm striving for is professional, approachable, friendly, modern, and sophisticated. I tend to like things that look hand-drawn. I'm less inclined to pick anything cartoon-like. but feel free to be creative, i'm open to new ideas.
3. Regarding color, I'm open to your ideas, and open to a multi-color logo that uses color to differentiate the words (well kept car). Ultimately, a design that is effective also just in black and white will be important.
4. Feel free to play with the capitalization and spacing of wellkeptcar (e.g., wellkeptcar, wellKEPTcar, well kept car, Well Kept Car, etc.) I'm open to creative ideas about all of those.
5. Ultimately, I'll be interested in having a version that I can use in different situations (e.g., just the logo, the logo and the company name, the logo and company name and tagline). But the logo and the company name is the most important right now.
Finally, I'll need the logo produced in a vector format by Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator so I can resize without any loss of quality, so final transmittal in both standard web formats (.jpg, .gif or .png) and vector formats (.eps, pdf, or .ai).
- It's really important that this website be user-friendly and that the logo almost "welcomes" people to the site so nothing too edgy or metallic (even though it is an automotive website).
- Nothing really complicated or cheesy please.