How Adriane Gillies started their logo design journey
DSCallards is a leading provider of software solutions and services to the UK Learning Disability market. We need a logo for a product called SPARS. SPARS is a software application which is part of a suite of software within an umbrella brand called DSInsight. DSInsight reflects DSCallards brand (http://www.dscallards.com).
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The target market for SPARS is the UK Learning Disability industry.
SPARS is an acronym for “Support Planning and Assessment Recording System”.
SPARS is an intuitive software application that records and manages typical information needed to maintain and support learning disabled people within managed organisations.
Information includes support plans, assessments, medical history, critical contacts, diary events and management data.
Our Vision: To help meet the hopes and needs of people with learning disabilities, and provide a software framework to fulfil this requirement.
Our Mission: To deliver a range of reliable software solutions and services for managers and people with learning disabilities.
Our Values: Care, Consultation and Communication – DSCallards develop solutions by consulting and communicating with the people who really know what is needed to deliver added value.
- A logo that inspires trust, recognition and admiration for SPARS.
- Corporate and professional.
- Uplifting but not cartoon.
- A logo that is describable and memorable.
- A logo that is effective without colour.
- A logo that is scaleable, i.e. effective when it is just an inch in size.
- Use either SPARS letters, an image or a combination of both.
- Preferably use the colours in the DSCallards logo (dark blue - Pantone 30, pale blue - Pantone 284, green - Pantone 376)