The name of the company is "Undsoversum" - a play on "und so" ("and stuff") and "Universum", which is German for "universe". So a possible translation would be "stuffiverse"
We do podcasts and stuff. And we need a logo to go with that. We also got a number of existing podcast cover art designs that should go together with the new logo created in this contest.
I'm Timo Hetzel, and I recently founded a new podcasting company similar to Leo Laporte's TWiT Network, or Revision 3.
We already have a collection of podcast cover art designs, and we need the new logo not necessarily to match them, but to complement them.
The new logo could contain all the cool stuff about space. Rockets, flying cars, space ships...
Or find something more abstract to represent the concept.
We want to keep it very stylized, but recognizable. Think "The Jetsons", "Futurama", or "The Incredibles"
To make the word more legible, you may use dictionary style hyphenation "und·so·versum" or "und·so·ver·sum"
The "U" may be upper or lower case. Lower case feels better, I think.
Here's two layout options we'd like to see (just to give you an idea - you don't have to stick to this placement and these colors) - square, with the type on the bottom, and horizontal, with the logo part on the left, and the type on the right.
- use Myriad Pro Bold as the main font
- dark background, like in the samples above
- must be legible at very small sizes (think Twitter avatar pic)
- must work in square layout (logo on top, type below) as well as horizontal (logo left, type right)
- must work in color as well in a black/white version
- Robots, Space Ships, Flying Cars - and what can you come up with?
- go all corporate on the logo. this should be fun
- astronauts, space suits.
- round rects as the main design element. probably go with the space theme and work from there
- A single upper case "U" as the design element. It looks a lot like German subway station signs
- Saturn rings. There are other big brands in Germany that use this visual.