How ImpactForProfit started their logo design journey
We're a sustainability consulting company looking for a logo. We work with for-profits and non-profits helping them think of cool new ways to profitably 'make a difference'. We just landed a large, well-known client so we need to appear professional as soon as possible - this logo is the step #1.
Impact for Profit
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We’re looking for a logo for an up-and-coming consulting practice. The company is called “Impact for Profit”. We work with companies and non-profits to align social impact with profitability by launching socially responsible projects. We also help write sustainability reports and advise companies on social impact measurement. This started as a small project and we just landed our first huge client, so we need a professional logo to use with our materials (presentations, business cards and website – which I’m working on separately).
Logos I like: E*Trade, Yelp, FedEx, NBC, Amazon, YouTube, Subway.
I prefer to reward someone that puts thought into their logo and works with me to adapt it based on feedback.
- Clean and professional look
- Simple and easy to recognize
- If you can think of a logo that somehow symbolizes our mission of aligning social impact with profits, that would be ideal (but not required - a simple logo will suffice)
- Option 1 - Incorporate a symbol. Squares, circles, arrows, mountain tops, buildings, trees... whatever - be creative! ... or...
- Option 2 - Don’t use an image and just find an attractive way to write the words “Impact for Profit” in contrasting colors.
- Not old-fashioned or stuffy (e.g. McKinsey & Co., Brooks Brothers)
- Not childish or bubbly (e.g. Twitter, Sims)
- Not too many colors
- Don't use the number “4” instead of the word “for”