Some of the most beautiful designs are from the Near East. They are difficult for most consumers to access in both the retail and online environments. I'm bringing selected designs online to the widest possible audience with the highest level of service by partnering with Amazon.
Products include ceramics, home decor and textiles products.
Spice Wind's philosophy is different than most online retailers:
The internet has made carrying an insanely large number of products very easy. We will NOT be an online retailer with 26,999,999 different products and 777 categories.
Spice Wind steps back to a cleaner and simpler slate with a specially curated selection of no more than 25 design products listed at one time. It makes us choose only the best and ensures our customers get exposed to the best.
Another business inspired by this concept is the German bookstore 25books (http://www.25books.de/)
I'd love for our logo to somehow represent this fundamental difference.
The target market are consumers who are already comfortable purchasing online, particularly on Amazon (who will be providing much of the customer service for this project).
The market is expected to be women over the age of 30.
The United States is the launch market, however, Europe will follow.
The thought is NOT to bring these designs to consumers on a silver tray -- but to make branding that gives the feeling to potential buyers that they are "discovering" these products by exploring the East themselves. In short, I want to create a sense of exciting exploration.
What we want:
• Creative logo with a nice looking typeface. Bonus for something that gives the feel of "exploration" or "discovery". I'd love for our logo to somehow represent our 25 product max minimalistic philosophy. Lots of room for creativity here.
• Icon or symbol to go along with the logo and to represent what we are doing (selling design products). This will be used as favicon and as avatar. Open to all ideas, consider some symbol of wind. Bonus for something that gives the feeling of "exploration" or "discovery". Lots of room for creativity here.
• Colors: Open to all ideas, consider desert pastel color scheme if you think it works. Lots of room for creativity here.
• Places the logo will appear: Homepage, Partner Sites (mainly Amazon), Facebook page, Twitter page
• We like:
*Minimalism to match our 25 product maximum philosophy.
*Sense of exploration and/or discovery
• We don't like:
* Complicated Cartoons (a simple one would be okay)
* Overly complicated or abstract icons
* Mention of Amazon
* Mention of Money
* Mention of Animals
* Mention of Religion, Nationality, Ethnicity
* Direct Mention of the number 25
• The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)