We are primarily a project development company. We are starting with blank sheets and undertaking everything from the initial investigations to the engineering, financing, construction and then operation of these power plants.
We are a young company with some high performers, and are looking to set new benchmarks of low cost, high speed development and construction.
We are exploiting the niche market of smaller than normal powerplants, but bigger than a windmill or solar panel on the roof. We aggregate lots of these at different sites to make a viable business.
Our not-so-glamourous area of initial operation is capturing methane from animal (mostly pig) manure and converting it to electricity. As this is not our only area of development please no pigs or poo on the logo!
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
This is a relatively new market in Australia. Costs are so high it hasn't been viable. We are adapting known technologies to Australian conditions.
We are in partnership with mostly large farming operators, who are savvy but often distrust banking/lawyer/urban types.
We are engineers and financiers from heavy engineering, construction and mining backgrounds, all raised in rural settings.
We also need to deal with the big end of town, banking/lawyer/urban types ourselves, so we need to appeal to both groups without identifying too much with either.
we need to give the impression:
- of understanding and empathy for rural business, along with engineering skill and financial acumen.
- our business model is unique in that we share risk with these guys, partnerships rather than selling them a product.
- we are a safe pair of hands in terms of delivering what we promise, wether that be a construction schedule or simply a reply to an email.
- The fact that we are the go-betweens between rural operators and the big end of town, and can be trusted by both.
- There is some distrust in Australia about 'greenwashing', with plenty of charlatans around.
We need to avoid this impression - we should be seen as separate from any ideology, but rather now that community and govt have made it clear what they want we are the guys stepping up to make it happen. Once again, to the benefit of all who deal with us rather than profiting from green causes.