Great job on the logo. Some improvement needed on website design and responsiveness to proposed changes.
How Ellen Chenaux started their logo design journey
I have owned this 1766 Colonial Revival inn for 11 years. We have updated and upgraded everything, and now it's time to enhance our image and our "brand." We pride ourselves on being warm and welcoming, providing personal and exceptional service, and the best breakfast in New England. Our inn evokes comfortable elegance. We are located in Lenox, a small historic village in the Berkshires, the rolling hills of Western Massachusetts, known for art and culture (music, film and art festivals) as well as recreation (hiking, snowshoeing, etc.).
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The inn attracts upper middle class guests from the New York and Boston cosmopolitan areas so we have a rather sophisticated audience. They come for culture, recreational, and romance. Their ages are 30 to 80. They expect comfortable elegance with a warm and welcoming ambiance.
1. We are looking for a simple design that can be used on signage (relatively small wooden sign) etched with the inn's logo, name, and 1766. Easily reproduced.
2. Sophisticated but too elegant nor too fancy
3. Friendly, warm and welcoming
4. Promotes our image -- to get an idea of where we are coming from, please visit our website, http://www.birchwood-inn.com
5. Clear and bold
6. It could even be a unique way of writing Birchwood Inn
7. We would like the logo to be unique - no stock images or clip art.
8. Our inn colors are crimson, yellow, and forest green.