We want a professional looking and somewhat simple logo and Stationery for new web software company.
Desired Color Scheme:
Blue or multiple colored (see description)
We want to portray a professional image with the logo. It needs to be somewhat simple (just a "thing" and our company name). We aren't interested in characters or mascots.
Accepted File Formats:
PDF, PSD, AI
What We Want
What we want is something professional looking, modern and catchy, but also somewhat simple. We like the format where we have the company name on the right, with the logo on the left.
What We Like
Here are some logos we like:
* A lot of the "Web 2.0" logos catch our eye: http://web2logo.com/
* 37signals: http://www.37signals.com/
* Interspire: http://www.interspire.com/
* Ubisoft: http://www.ubi.com/ENCA/default.aspx
* RedHat: http://www.redhat.com/
* Windows Vista's logo
A couple of requirements/ideas:
* The logo needs to look good in pure black/white
* Needs to look good when scaled down small
* The company name 'Outershift' should be either all uppercase, all lowercase or with the O capitalized (I personally think all lowercase looks cool). The company is all one word, but if you can be creative by playing around with 'outer' and 'shift' being two then go ahead (for example, make each side a different color).
* The company name doesn't really mean anything, so I don't think a real-world object is something that will work well.
* Color: Something blue if there's a prominent color. But if it is multicolor (see Interspire for what I mean), that's okay too. But we are pretty flexible with colors.
* We want something modern and sharp. We're not too fond of some of the overly glossy web2.0 logos, but we really like how some of them are simple and modern. We don't want to look like a company from the 80's, but we also don't want to look like an Mac OSX glossy button.
* Needs to be vector format
All we want is a catchy business card and a neat and usable letterhead.
The business card should display our logo, and have places for a name, an email address and a phone number. The website will be http://www.outershift.com, which should be on there somewhere. And we prefer the business card to be single sided, but if it looks really cool double-sided then that's okay too.
The letterhead should feature the logo, a place for a phone number, email address and the website address.
About Our Company
We're a new software company focused on web applications for normal webmasters. You could compare us to Interspire with their line of useful web apps. We also will be offering custom programming services (custom apps, extensions to existing apps). At this time we are not targeting enterprise companies.
If you have an idea that goes against what we say, please reply! We're programmers, I think our creative side is lacking by default ;)
This contest was originally listed in multiple categories:
- Logo Design
- Stationery Design