Natasha was extremely adept at tweaking her designs based on feedback. It was a joy to work with her and I'm so happy with my logo!
How Daniel Marshall started their logo design journey
We are a group of management consultants who have joined together to apply our significant experience in customer strategy, CRM and business improvement to an emerging market in Higher Education.
Higher Education i.e. Universities have traditionally been heavily regulated and government funded therefore have not need to compete with each other. They have operated in a market where the suppliers (universities) have the power. With the deregulation of the market in 2011 the customer (i.e. students) will now have the power and the Universities will need to learn how to market to and recruit (i.e. sell) students in a professional and effective manner.
Currently few Universities have a sales & marketing, or customer focused culture or sklls, nor do they understand the impact of competition.
Our ambition is to provide the business experience/advice as well as processes and tools that will enable our University customers to compete in this new market environment.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target audience for our business offering are senior executives from Australia's Universities and other higher education institutions i.e. TAFE's, VET providers.
Higher Education is at times very traditional and even somewhat "anti corporate", therefore any design should be clean and professional but not over the top.
We would like a logo created that includes the brand name and an appropriate icon,
• Maximum 3 colours,
• Believe that a dark blue is the preferred basis for the design however am flexible on choice of colours,
• Must be on a white background,
• Looking for an icon + typeface design rather than just a typeface on the brand name,
• Emphasising the YOU in the brand name would be beneficial,
• Would like to be able to present the logo with multiple different taglines so will require a final of a "no tagline" version as well as a version with a tagline “Recruiting the best”
• No Cartoons - we do not want it to be cheap or childlike,
• The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out
• Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
The logo should imply education focus, engagement & relationship, trust, professionalism & expertise.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)