"Power Team" or "Bay Area Power Team"
We need an inspirational, powerful, elegant, simple, and memorable logo for our organization - for use on our website, marketing materials, t-shirts, business cards, and letterhead.
DO NOT USE OUR EXISTING WEBSITE FOR IDEAS - we hate it!
Bay Area Power Team is the Largest Personal Development Networking Group in the SF Bay Area. We're a group of positive, like-minded people who are committed to creating extraordinary results in our lives.
We hold meetups once a month where people can get together, connect, network, and share ideas. We regularly have guest speakers come in to share strategies for personal and business success. Just a handful of the topics we've covered include NLP, Negotiation Strategies, Relationships Skills, Health, Real Estate, and Sales.
We've been fortunate to have many amazing speakers such as Dr. John Gray, author of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" and Marie Diamond from the film "The Secret".
The community was established by and for people who have attended Tony Robbins events (http://www.tonyrobbins.com), though we have expanded to welcome anyone committed to getting more out of life.
1 star - Wrong direction, start over again with something completely
2 star - some elements I like
3 star - getting closer but need revisions or a different take on your
4 star - design is being considered
5 star - made the final cut!
- People who want to connect with positive, success oriented people.
- People who are committed to personal growth and development.
- People who want to hear amazing speakers on a variety of topics - NLP, Negotiation Strategies, Relationships Skills, Health, Real Estate, and Sales
- People who want more out of life.
- Age range is 16-60.
- Men and Women about 40%/60% mix
PLEASE READ TO THE BOTTOM! I'VE UPDATED THE REQUIREMENTS AS THE CONTEST HAS GONE ON. THE LATEST REQUIREMENTS AND NEW SUBMISSION GUIDANCE IS NEAR THE BOTTOM.
- Power Teams are regional. The logo must be able to work with the name Bay Area Power Team, LA Power Team, NY Power Team, or Power Team just by itself. The Power Team name may change in the future to Dream Team or something else. For this design, just make it work with the name "Bay Area Power Team".
- Logo must be able to work on a black or white background. Show your designs on both black and white backgrounds if you can. (#000000 & #FFFFFF)
- Logo must be able to work as 1 color for fax, t-shirts, etc.
- Logo should be able to stand alone without typography.
- Letters should not be incorporated in the logo, icon, or symbol design. Typography can sit around it.
- Want a logo that's INSPIRATIONAL, POWERFUL, SYMBOLIC, ELEGANT, SIMPLE, and MEMORABLE.
- Other ideas that the logo can convey: CONNECTION, COMMUNITY, SUCCESS, INSPIRATION, EXCLUSIVITY, ELITE
- Final artwork must be in vector format!
- See Global Comments for lots of feedback I've given to designers.
--------- UPDATE -----------
Designers, I'm loving a lot of the circular design patterns, but I'd love to see more fresh ideas.
Maybe stuff with 1 element or 2 elements. Or even something using the letters PT (I know that the original design brief said nothing with letters in it).
Also, I'm more interested in seeing what the logo looks like on a black (#000000) background, but definitely want to see it on white as well.
------- ANOTHER UPDATE --------
*** MORE FEEDBACK AND A NOTE TO DESIGNERS ***
Thanks everyone for your hard work and so many contributions to this contest. I sincerely appreciate the effort put in by each and every one of you.
I'd really like to see more riskier and fresh ideas like #75 , #71 , #72 , #67 , #79 , #66 , #63 , etc. I don't necessarily think those ideas are the right fit for our brand. But, we have a lot of logos already that look like people in circular patterns.
If nothing else stands out, I'll probably go with one of the ideas that's an interwoven circular pattern of people or something similar.
To win the contest, take a risk like some others are and try something new and fresh like the ones I mention above.
If someone hits the mark with something new and fresh, I'm more likely to go with that rather than the more safe and common ideas of people in interwoven patterns.
Some things to try are logos that are more symbolic or abstract than people. Maybe some wispy or edgy line work.
I do like the Anthony Robbins logo here (http://www.tonyrobbins.com). And our organization is informally and loosely connected to theirs. So if there's a way to create something in a similar fashion, without making us look formally affiliated, that could work as well.
Push yourselves. Try to get outside of the box a little more. I want a logo that really makes an impression on people. To do that, I think it has to look unique and like something people haven't really seen before. So, I really appreciate riskier designs. I'm more inclined to go with something riskier and unexpected that hits the mark, than something really nice, but sort of expected.
*** MORE CRITIGAL GUIDANCE FOR DESIGNERS ***
A lot of the logos submitted so far have a very friendly feel. I'd actually like something with a little bit of a cool or edgy vibe. Something more like a SYMBOL or GLYPH (think Egyption hieroglyphics). I get the cool edgy feel from the Anthony Robbins logo at http://www.tonyrobbins.com. #84 sort of has the cooler edgy feel to it as well.
Here's some logos I like in order of preference from top to bottom.
1) I really like the symbolic or glyph like look of this logo.
2) This one as well, but it's not as simple and elegant as the one above.
3) I like the Under Armour logo. Could be a little more trim and elegant, but it's a good symbol.
4) This also looks like a symbol, but a little bit more complex than I'd prefer.
I'd say that the Anthony Robbins logo would fit between 1 and 2 above.
-------- ANOTHER UPDATE ------------
A couple notes on the glyph / symbol approach. USE "PT" if you're going to use letters to make up the logo. DO NOT use BAPT or BA.
I like how the some of the line work comes to points in the Anthony Robbins (AR) logo (http://www.tonyrobbins.com). Almost like a crescent moon. It's also what I like about #84 and #102. I feel like that gives the logo sort of a cool edgy vibe.
Here's some other symbols and glyphs just to be clear on the direction I'd like to see new submissions.
Prince's Symbol (don't necessarily like it for my brand, but it's a good looking symbol):
Here's a listing of astrological symbols and glyphs (these are very blocky feeling and I tend not to like that):
Ohm Symbol Glyphs ( I do like the Ohm Symbol below)
I like the N glyph on this image:
And of course the AR logo that I like:
Here's another logopond logo that's sort of the direction I'd like: