1. We are a technology company, and we provide mission critical software to industrial businesses. We have the history. We have the products. We need to have the visual branding to go along with this reality!
2. We need a logo that is an obvious evolution of the existing logo. (Attached)
3. Please dump the black text from the top reading “New Technology Software”. We are distancing ourselves from this phrase.
4. Please work with the Apollo name as well. It should be presentable with the NTS part of the logo, or without. We have been toying with the idea of showing it with the ERP designation as well but below is a good example of the range we need to se, with stars (*) next to the three most important combinations…
b. NTS Apollo*
c. NTS Apollo ERP
d. Apollo ERP
5. Colors do not need to follow in line with the blue and red that was used in the past although we will honestly probably be leaning towards that color scheme due to 20 years of familiarity. Surprising us with something that looks better is certainly welcome!
*Please adhere to standardized color systems, preferably Pantones. Please include the Pantone numbers you have selected.
6. Final artwork will need to be supplied in an Adobe Illustrator file. Our designers have Adobe tools that are up to date (CS5).
Something that I am suddenly realizing is that the full extent of the branding will cover the following range of use (in a visual/hierarchical sense)...
1. NTS (company name and used here and there as the parent brand)
2. NTS Apollo (official assembly of the logo)
3. Apollo (is the core product name)
4. Apollo XXX (modules of the product... like Apollo CRM, Apollo Production, Apollo Materials Management, Apollo EDI, Apollo Business Intelligence. Apollo Mobile... okay I'll stop... the list is long but it gives you an idea of what we'll need to tack on to the name so it probably makes sense to add that to the design exploration/submissions.
(I shared this with one of the designers that have submitted already so I thought I should share it with everyone else too!)