How Price Protectr started their logo design journey
Price Protectr is a cutting-edge, consumer-facing website that helps people save money. We're looking for a client-oriented designer who is only satisfied with the best. Excellent communication skills and creativity are a must. Timing is critical.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Price Protectr allows people who have bought something to submit the
URL of an item they've recently bought, and request an e-mail on how to
get their money back if the price goes down at that retailer (because
many retailers have price protection policies).
Our current mascot is an owl. The concept of the owl stems from the idea of watching out for consumers and looking for prices. We want to see everything from a basic clean-up of the current owl done in a more polished style, to something completely different.
Other possibilities are a bloodhound, shield, safety net, binoculars, telescope, pirate, hunter, detective, centurion, angel, or something abstract that you think works. Saving the user money and looking out for the user are our main themes.
- Here's a link to the existing mascot.
- Logo should be globally acceptable.
- Must work in color and black-and-white.
- Must be able to be used on a banner ad, on a promotional material, in an email, on stationery, and on business cards.
- Can have a sense of humor.
- We save people money!!! The world uses more than US Dollars...
- Logo should not appear too cartoonish.
- Logo should not be too serious. We're not an insurance company or law firm.
- Not too many colors.