F2F pty ltd
After 12 years specializing in Presentation Skills training with another Australian corporate training organization, I started my own company, F2F, 5 years ago to broaden out into other communication skills training including Influencing, Facilitation and Business Writing skills.
In short, our differentiation is 3-fold.
1. We believe all communication must be authentic. We do not teach slick presentation tricks, contrived body language or clever techniques. We support business people to be themselves when communicating in order to be seen as credible, to build genuine rapport, strengthen relationships and create more positive outcomes.
2. We keep it simple. Our current strapline is "doing the basics...brilliantly!". We teach core, proven communication skills at the highest level.
3. We aim to be flexible, relaxed, warm, fun and easy to deal with for the HR and management functions, as well as participants.
I have recently taken on a second trainer to help with the workload. She's a friend of 10 years and, like me, is keen to keep the culture vibrant, joyful, warm and real.
more here: f2fcommunications.com.au (see Vision &Values and Philosophy &Approach)
CURRENT MARKET: medium-large blue chip Australian organizations. The HR function will most often look at the website which is 80% female, but all participants see the logo on the training materials and business card who would be 50:50 male:female.
FUTURE MARKET: I am extremely keen to move the company in 3 new directions over the next 2-5 years:
1. Online product - audio and video training and refresher material. This may be relevant for not only my current corporate clients but also a broader 'general public' market.
2. Allowing my new trainer, and potentially another, to take on more of the training so the company is not so reliant on my own availability. So the logo needs to reflect a greater sense of size.
3. Personal development - in a perfect world at some stage i'd like to include more "health, wellbeing and personal development" training to our repertoire of both face-2-face and online products and services. Again this would not only be to the corporate market but going further afield to the general public.
As a 1-person-business for the past 5 years, with a sales, rather than marketing focus, I was happy with the simple, homey feel of my current logo (see http://www.f2fcommunications.com.au).
As the business expands however, in terms of clients, projects, trainers, and offerings, we need something that reflects a higher level of sophistication and also has broader appeal as we start to offer some online training for people potentially working in smaller companies and eventually a broader personal development market.
Having said that, we want to keep the warm and real feeling of the company.
So in short:
*A bit feminine
* Corporate but soft
* Real, authentic
* Idea only - Perhaps something to do with nature given we're about being 'simple', 'natural', 'authentic'??
* Current colors are charcoal gray & deep burnt orange. Please stick with the orange. happy to keep or ditch the gray. also like deep olive green as a base or sky blue for highlight but open to possibility.
* Our name is F2F, meaning Face 2 Face, so the current logo includes two faces to help people make the connection. this idea may stay or go but we must stick to F2F rather than the full phrase.
* We're considering a new strapline. Possibilities include: "Simply Communicating"; "We're just really good at communications training!"; "It's personal"; "Keeping it real".
with thanks and anticipation, Carolyn