RallyPace is a company bringing new technology to the rally car navigator and driver. We are looking for a cool logo to reflect the speed and action of rally driving and the benefits of our products.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
RallyPace is bringing new technology to the rally scene. We are focusing on systems helping the navigator generate and deliver pace notes, but may expand into other areas.
We wish to launch a web site to introduce people to our technology and also provide some community content to allow users to discuss the technology and navigation in general.
We require the following as part of the brief:
- Logo design in Adobe Illustrator or structured in Photoshop to allow scaling and editing.
- Basic web site layout mock-up structured in Photoshop.
- The logo should be mostly typographical in nature, but can not be just a simple font, it must be altered in some way to make it able to be trademarked.
- The logo may incorporate a line-art element evoking rallying, speed, agility or excitement.
- If a line-art element is used, it may form part of the lettering, or may be placed around or over the lettering. However note the requirements for legibility in low colour / low resolution or when screen printed.
- The logo should be predominantly single colour; however a small number of feature colours may be used.
- There must be a monochrome derivative of the logo supplied. The monochrome version should be able to be reversed (white on black or black on white).
- The logo must be able to be rendered to a small size and remain legible when printed on products using screen printing method.
- The logo must be able to be rendered on a low resolution LCD with low colour depth (16 bit or even 8 bit index colour). This means no gradients.
- The basic web page must contain a navigation menu, heading, sections of text with sub-headings, and treatment for inserting photos into the text a page with a caption. The logo must be used and a suitably complementary colour scheme shown.
- If roll-overs are to be used for navigation menu or other items, the normal and active images of each item are to be provided. Please be aware that the navigation will be developed with a generic set of images and HTML text will be overlayed on the site. That is the navigation text can not be rendered into the roll-overs.
- You are free to choose the layout for the web page. Something contemporary, but not esoteric.
- The logo may not be simply typed in a font.