Located in Canada, Draft Doctors is a new company specializing in locating and repairing air leaks in homes. In Canada (and in many northern states in the U.S.) air leakage is a significant source of heat loss resulting in increased energy consumption. Draft Doctors will repair air leaks for a 'lifetime of savings' for the homeowner. Draft Doctors will also assist homeowners in prioritizing energy saving expenditures (insulation, windows, new furnace) in order to get the most out of their improvements. Draft Doctors is currently a startup company and hopes to expand using a concept called ‘Micro Franchises’. Micro Franchises are geared to individuals looking for steady self employment and will have a very low franchise fee; making it an affordable option for individuals looking to start their own business.
NOTE: Many of the designs received so far include just a red rectangle. However, because the service is not well understood by homeowners I need to have an explicit or vague reference to a house or houses so that the service provided is more explicit. Also, the savings could be a design theme. Regardless the design needs to clearly convey what it is that a Draft Doctor does. Draft cannot be misunderstood as 'draft beer', 'first written draft' or 'drafted into an army'. One glance should tell the viewer what it is that Draft Doctors do.
Draft Doctors aims to be the first call for homeowners looking to save money on heating their homes. The target market will be anyone who owns a home that wants to save money. Usually these homes are older but many are newer homes that are not 'optimally built' (poor quality construction). Draft Doctors' fees will be quite reasonable and discounted for lower income households, plus there will be a lower fee option for those who wish to carry out the repairs themselves.
1. One of the primary tools for locating air leaks is a red (blower) door that will be placed in a home’s front door and visible to all the neighbours. So I would like a Draft Doctors logo to have a red vertical rectangle in the design somewhere. Here is a link to a blower door picture,
2. Some indication of wind would be useful (open to your design creativity).
3. The logo should use a clear and easy to read font stating ‘Draft Doctors’ and be able to be seen: across the street; on a moving vehicle; and on company work wear; etc.
4. Preference will be given to designs that can be used in print, web, signage, clothing, etc.
5. Do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.
6. The files required are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK) and pdf
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
and Vector format
I chose not to make the competition private because potential customers of Draft Doctors will be reviewing the designs.
A winner will be chosen within 14 days of the closing of the competition!