We are a small heart specialty medical practice around Detroit, Michigan, that's served our patients faithfully for almost 40 years.
We need a logo that tells local people that they can come to us with their heart problems, and we'll help them get to better health. Our physician actually still has a little black bag and stethoscope and blood pressure cuff that he uses to go to people's houses when necessary to see them.
We have an earlier logo given to us by yellowpages.com, but it's not working, and we need to re-brand - quickly.
We give direct, personal attention to our cardiac patients, and get excellent results for them, so that they actually get better!
Here are the designs/websites we have through yellow pages that we don't like:
The average age of the patients that come to see us are ages 35-50, though we do have quite a few older patients as well - the logo has to appeal to this wide audience.
We are targeting groups that use online searches to find docs now - we typically get patients through word of mouth currently and other doctors references.
We want people to know that we are experienced and professional, but very accessible. We want to work with you to improve your health.
We are looking for a logo represent our single doctor practice.
Here are a few things to think about:
1. No Cartoons - we don't want cheap or childlike - we want professional
2. Nothing too fancy - we want locals to feel like they can come to see us and we are highly skilled, but accessible
3. Incorporate a 'heart' somehow into the logo - for obvious reasons, but feel free to be creative - if you can express 'heart health' without it, then try
4. the text should say 'Mathew Heart' - again feel free to experiment with one or two colors - they should show up well on both a web page, as well as business cards
5. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out. Again being careful not to be too fancy.
Again we want to communicate professionalism like this, but more accesible:
Here is an example of a logo that we like:
Here is an example of what we are trying to avoid (logo is on the right and uploaded):
Please feel free to experiment with colors!
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo