We felt that the designer read our brief carefully and knew just what we were looking for. He provided a number of simple and powerful new logo options, while while at the same time was sensitive to our old logo and the history we were trying to retain. Awesome job!
How dotBlue started their logo design journey
A new website will be designed and developed for dotBlue, where the logo is the first stage in this project. The logo will be used on the website (as a logo and as a favicon), on our business cards and in print on writing-paper and brochures.
We prefer blue as the primary colour. Our pay-off is: 'Adding Value' (without the quotes), we'd like that to be subtly incorporated in the logo as well (with the possibility to use the logo without the pay-off).
Tip: sometimes Less is More
Tip 2: include our pay-off in the logo, we would love to see that :)
Tip 3: if you design a 3d logo, include a 2d version as well for print.
We need the logo in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator format.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are a young, enthusiastic internet company based in The Netherlands called dotBlue (yes, with a lowercase ‘d’ and a uppercase ‘B’).
We focus on:
- developing new web concepts/applications,
- building websites for clients and
- organizing online marketing events.We want the logo to be eye-catching and to display professionalism, quality, credibility, a bit of fun/'cool' and of course: our business focus (web 2.0/online marketing/web presence).
RATINGS: Here is a general overview of how we will be rating all of your designs. If your design gets 3 or less stars it means your work is not exactly what we’re looking for:
- 1 Star - Wrong direction: missing the point
- 2 Stars - Has some elements we like.
- 3 Stars - Getting closer: may need revisions or a different take on your design.
- 4 Stars - Your design is being considered.
- 5 Stars - You made the final cut!NOTE: We strongly encourage you to keep your designs up if we haven't eliminated them as we could come up with something to make it work! We will try to give as often and as much feedback as we can.
- a logo which alsolooks nice as a banner on a building and in writing-paper is a plus.
- a logo that can also beused as a favicon
- an eye-catching logowhich represents professionalism, quality, credibility, innovation, a bit offun/’cool’ and of course: our business focus: web 2.0/onlinemarketing/web presence.