This is a different one! We need a logo for an individual - a futurist with a global profile.
Ross Dawson works globally as a futurist, entrepreneur, keynote speaker, and author.
He is founding chairman of several companies, including Advanced Human Technologies, Future Exploration Network and The Insight Exchange, so he needs a logo/ visual identity to distinguish his personal identity from his companies.
His clients are mainly large corporations and government, so the logo must be serious.
His work as a futurist is very broad, covering the future of business, society, technology, and media, with a strong emphasis on how technologies of all kinds are transforming humanity.
These are his primary websites:
Speaker website: http://rossdawson.com/
Advanced Human Technologies: http://ahtgroup.com/
Future Exploration Network: http://futureexploration.net/
The Insight Exchange: http://www.theinsightexchange.com/
He is well-known for creating visual frameworks such as:
Web 2.0 Framework: http://www.rossdawsonblog.com/Web2_Framework.pdf
Future of the Media Lifecycle: http://rossdawsonblog.com/Media_Lif…mework.pdf
The primary audience is:
* Senior executives of large corporations (who hire Ross Dawson as a consultant)
* Event organizers and meeting planners (who hire Ross Dawson as a speaker)
The logo will probably have 3 elements:
* The words: "Ross Dawson"
* Some kind of graphic representation of Ross, such as an outline portrait or other stylistic representation of him
* A graphic element to represent the fact that Ross is a futurist, visually depicting the future
In short, the logo should depict the concept "Ross Dawson, Futurist", without using the word "Futurist"
A few comments:
* The words "Ross Dawson" are essential. It is possible that either the representation of Ross or the graphic element showing the future is not essential.
* See here for photos of Ross (the 3rd one is the best template to use)
Since our clients are extremely sophisticated executives, this must be a visually clean and sophisticated logo.
Of course the logo must be futuristic in look and feel, without using cliches.
One of the primary uses of the logo is on the visual frameworks created by Ross Dawson (see above), so the logo must match the look and feel of these frameworks.
IMPORTANT: The logo must be usable against either a black background (which we most commonly use on our frameworks) or on white/ light colored backgrounds. It could either come in two versions - normal and reverse - or be on a black background which, using borders, can be placed on any background.