We are looking for a corporate identity for use online as an avatar/logo, on websites, business cards, PDF/print letterheads, etc.
- Interlinked components (like the Amazon AWS boxes, multiple clouds, etc.)
- For context, this graphic shows the evolution of computing: http://j.mp/4Vxuy3
- Wikipedia article on cloud computing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
- Anything else?
1. Avoid clipart/cartoons - needs to look corporate, not cheap.
2. Simple, clean, sans-serif typefaces preferred (if used).
3. Feel free to experiment with colours, though ideally solid/corporate colours (deep green, navy blue, royal red, etc.) rather than e.g. pastels.
4. Break the rules if you think you know better than us (you are the experts after all)
One problem: the name is not yet set in stone. "Open Cloud" is well established and "Intercloud" will pick up in 2010, but there's a trademark that could cause us some headaches.
Preferred file formats:
- Adobe Illustrator (AI) in CMYK for print
- JPG, PNG and/or SVG for web.
- Optional: drop the logo onto business card/A4 letterhead artboards.
- Optional: link to free/affordable font identical to/compatbile with logo text (if any).
P.S. The initiative is currently funded by me personally and this is one of many expenses, which is why there's only a modest reward. It should, however, serve as a good reference.