How David Podley started their logo design journey
Finances are our thing, graphic design is yours. We're betting one of you can come up with something that knocks our socks off.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We're developing an online financial planning tool that will help people figure out what their financial future holds for them. Our goal is to provide peace of mind to those who are overwhelmed when they try to guess what their 401k, IRA, and college planning look like for them, whether in one decade or in five.
What we're looking for is a design that is memorable and draws attention to the name. Some sort of graphic that doesn't take away from the words would be swell. We're limiting the design to two colors because of printing reasons. This logo will be used both online and in print.
- Two colors
- Should be able to be printed in one color (it would be great if you provide both one- and two-color images)
- Sophisticated with a touch of web 2.0.
- Blues and gray would be great. Red is probably too bold for us.
- Room for a tagline (we haven't determined the tagline yet, so you can make one up or just say "your tagline goes here")
- Art provided in EPS format and the icon image provided in the appropriate format.
- No transparency in the design (unless it's white space - example: for the .ico file
- Nothing too glossy (too web 2.0 looking) (I know the wants list includes a touch of 2.0, but don't go overboard)