Juvenile Diversion Counseling Program
Looking for a spectacular logo that represents the many components of our unique counseling program. We do counseling (family, individual and group), wilderness therapy, art therapy, a Teen Media Project, community service and restorative justice with kids ages 10-18 (mostly teens) as an alternative to court. Our goal is to prevent further contact with the police and justice system by providing a variety of services to meet the needs of the kids and families. Mission statement: In an atmosphere of professionalism and excellence we provide counseling and support to juvenile offenders and their families. We create opportunities for change with an emphasis on accountability and personal growth.
We operate out of the office of the District Attorney in Colorado's 18th Judicial District. JDCP is very unique, creative, and cutting-edge program staffed by very gifted counselors that is really making a difference in the lives of kids and in how the justice system treats juvenile offenders.
Our audience is mostly clients that are participating in the program. This logo with go alongside the DA logo on our business cards, brochures, websites, etc. Members of the community members will see this too. We are not trying to "drum up business" as our clients come to us from the court system but we do want people to understand what we do.
1. The logo should represent that we do counseling and incorporate as many of our other components as possible like wilderness, art, family and group counseling.
2. The logo should represent that we work with teens, not too kid-like. We would prefer something really cutting edge- like our program. Would prefer it not be adults with arms around kids.
3. It will be reproduced fairly small so it may be best to use the intials JDCP.
4. Because we are part of the DA's office, we don't want the font to be too much like tagging (although the kids would love that). Cool and descriptive or created with elements like wilderness, art, and counseling in the actual letters.
5. Could use existing DA logo but change what is in the middle and make it teen-like instead of court-like.